Wednesday 28 December 2011

53 Times

He called me 53 times
After just one date
How do I respond to that?
Should I leave it to late?

So that he never calls again
Or contacts me in any way
Or should I text him back to say
That thanks, but by the way

You called me 53 times
After just one date
I really could not answer
I was working very late

And after calling 53 times
Did you think I'd pick up the phone?
After 5 and 10 and 20 times
I really was not home

But you called me 53 times
Awaiting a response
If you wanted to so me that you liked me
You could have called the once!

Instead of calling 53 times
And why didn't you just text me?
Or email or leave a voicemail?
That would have been ok with me.

But you called me 53 times
and thats a bit excessive
We had a laugh, a nice few drinks
I had a good time but did you think

I'd want calling 53 times
To arrange a second meeting?
What would happen on our next rendevous?
Would I receive a similar greeting

To arrange our third date?
Now how would that one play out?

I really liked you in more ways than one
But as a consequence
Of the 53 missed phone calls
I have to admit
That I don't think that this would work out
And you have put me off a bit

So he called me 53 times
And he never called again.

No comments:

Post a Comment