Saturday 8 October 2011

Did I Accidently Go on a Date Without Knowing It?

It's been a while since I have wrote on here as both my Broadband and phoneline have been down. Thankfully, they are both working perfectly again so I can update the blog with the last few weeks worth of goings-on...


DATE - n. - the time when an event happened; an appointment, esp with the oppposite sex; rendezvous; a sweetheart. Geddes and Grosset Dictionary and Thesaurus 2001.



Did I go on a date without knowing it? I thought it was just a few casual drinks, but the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to wonder ...

'A guy I know breifly, lets just call him Rob* as not to mention names here, came into my place of work just as I had finished my shift. I was sat with another work collegue at the time just finishing some drinks and then Rob* joined us and ordered some more drinks for the three of us. My collegue had to leave, leaving the two of us with our drinks. We had a few more drinks and the conversation was flowing nicely so we had a few more. Rob* left the table to go to the toilet and another collegue came over and pointed out that it looked as though we were on a date. I laughed it off, Rob* was just a new acquaintance who I was having a few drinks with. Later on that evening he walked me to get a taxi and asked if we could 'do this again sometime'. I said ok and we said our goodbyes. 


Two days later whilst working a long Saturday split shift, I finished work only to notice that I had 53 (yes 53) missed phone calls from him. He obviously thought the previous encounter was a date too! I haven't heard a peep from him since ... although I never did reply ...




So, the first date in my investigation has been and gone and I didn't even know about it! Onwards I go. A friend has suggested going speed dating soon. That should be fun. At least I will know that I am speed dating, unlike this little encounter!

No comments:

Post a Comment